Saturday, September 10, 2005

Late Summer Rain

Last night, I spent a couple of hours making an awsome italian white bean soup with potatoes and kale and sausage for dinner. my guests, a friend of mine, and a classmate of Ting's both bailed on us at th elast minute.
I guess that means more food for us. Which is good, since it was amazing soup! I've outdone myself!
i had a few too many drinks though, and went to bed and didn't sleep a wink really.
A big jar of black tea with ginger came with me today on my travels out to three points and then to the dentist.
i"m done with fillings for the time being, but still need a couple of crowns and my wisdom teeth pulled...ick!
For dinner tonight Ting and I went to her friend Steve's house, and he grilled yams and pork loin . Pretty good eats...

I was invited on a little trip down to mexico for quick trip to a wild canyon with lots of plants this weekend, and will be leaving late tomorrow afternoon. I'm stoked. Not only do i get to go see plants and get out in soem wild beautiful country, but i'm going with a really cool guy who is into native plants and nature, and will get to meet some other naturey type folk. and get to be in mexico. maybe put that 8 yrs of spanish back to work for a while.

It rained today, much unexpectedly, on my part. monsoon season is mostly over, but there were clouds building up in the east, and by 4 pm it was dumping buckets of water over central tucson. I got soaked in teh 30 seconds it took to walk to my car from the building i was in. I LOVE it when it rains here. i dont mind getting wet at all....such a gift to hav ethe rain...i'd love to dance in it, and let rain wash over me and make me all wet and alive with feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment